Lowered Expectations

The image “http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/387942/2/istockphoto_387942_housewife.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

WARNING! (I would first like to apologize for my frequent use of exclamation points in the following rant. Thank you for your time.)

So for the past two and a half weeks I have been a stay at home........WIFE? Yes, I quit my job exactly 1 week before Christmas for some dramatic reason not mentioned here, and quite possibly a Pre-menstrual and unintentional Prozac detoxification panic attack. So all day long I stay home! "Great" some may say, "you are so lucky" I have been told. NO NO NO! I am bored and going out of my mind, I want to go to work everyday, please someone give me a job! What have I done? My home has been cleaned, organized and reorganized from top to bottom, something I normally love doing , but I AM SO OVER IT. So here I sit blogging away in the middle of the day and painfully realizing....I like to work, no, love to work! Oh no when did this happen? I was not supposed to be this girl. I was destined to be "banking off my husband" by the time I turned 25, right? I feel like such a failure I have disappointed my family and past friends with this enjoying working nonsense. I knew I shouldn't have gone to college and become an "educated woman". I should have stuck to the ditsy promotions girl gig I had set up for myself and not let anyone know that I was capable of being a communications director and magazine editor at age 25. Now not only do other people now have higher expectations of me but I have higher expectations for myself! Eeeewwww!

0 comments: