Papa

Missing the days of laughter
shakes, trash days, Jim and Mary's
avocados, roses, beach trips and bike rides
peanut butter waffles and Go fish
So many things taught back then when my understanding was growing
now I understand
the person I am is because of you
morals, personality, it's all because of you
and even though almost 16 years have passed
you're in my mind everyday, constantly helping
knowing I don't always make the right decisions
but trying to
utilizing the work ethic taught by you
wishing I could still fix a car
laughing when i can't and think of you immediately
wishing you could still take me by the hand
teaching me all the things I'm clueless about
wondering if I will only get to see you in my dreams
that one time in a blue moon
the madness of life blurring visions
chapters of the night, fighting with myself
falling victim to fading memories
remembering the relationships you made
that is the person I strive to be
but you already know that because you are already with me
everyday, every experience, every thought

0 comments: